Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Quinoa & Feta
One of my favorite recipes! The flavor in this dish is outstanding!
2 lbs brussel sprouts
1 cup tri-color quinoa
1/2 cup fresh feta cheese
2-3 tbsps Olive or Avocado Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut and rinse the brussel sprouts and place in baking dish.
3. Drizzle with oil and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the sprouts
4. Add salt & pepper to taste
5. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. While sprouts are roasting, prepare quinoa according to package (I like to substitute vegetable broth for all or part of the water for more flavor). They generally take the same amount of time to cook.
7. Combine sprouts with quinoa, and fold in feta cheese. Squeeze the other half lemon over the dish, toss and serve!
Enjoy warm or cold - this is a wonderful dish!